My Office
1. Any Questions?
1. Any Questions?
Nope I don’t have any questions are anything. I think it’s cool that we can reach you on your cell phone. I don’t think a lot of professor would do that.
The Discussion Board
1.Have you ever participated in online discussions? When? Under what circumstances?
The Discussion Board
1.Have you ever participated in online discussions? When? Under what circumstances?
Yea I participated in a lot of online class discussion in high school and this year in my first semester English class. One day she told us not to come to class and that we would have a virtual class. It was interesting because it was like this big chat room.
2. How is online 'discussion' different from f-2-f conversation?
For me sometimes it’s easier to talk to someone online for some weird reason. I think that face to face is more personal than through a computer. But I actually liked having the virtual class because I was at home sitting in my room in my pjs. So I liked it a lot. I don’t think I would want it to always be like that because I think it’s important to have face to face time with people.
3. What are the advantages and disadvantages of online discussion?
I think one of the advantages is that you get to be anywhere that you are comfortable and just have the class. Another advantage for me at least is that you don’t really have to get dressed because nobody is looking at you. One of the big disadvantages is that you really can’t tell what people are thinking with online discussion and you really can’t express yourself through the internet that’s something that has to be done face to face. Another disadvantage is that it takes time typing unlike talking the words just come out and sometimes it’s a lot easier to talk than to write because you can make a lot of mistakes when you write.
4.Do you prefer one to the other?
I don’t really prefer one over the other. I think that I actually like have the class better than having the online discussions. I would much rather interact with people face to face than virtually.

No comments:
Post a Comment