My name is ALEXANDRA LA-ROTTA. Well my first name is definitely not from generations or anything. Basically how I got my first name is that one day when my mom was pregnant with me she had gone into a bakery and saw this French man eating with his little daughter. Then he called out her name with a French accent and said “Alexandra please finish your breakfast”, ever since that say my mom has been in love with my name. She loved the way the man said it and fell in love with it. Another reason why my mom picked my name is because we are Colombian and since I was born and brought here in the United States she wanted a name that could be pronounced the same in any language and people won’t have a problem saying it wrong. In most languages my name is basically the same expect each culture has a different way of pronouncing and spelling it. In the Spanish culture the most popular name that is like mine is Alejandra. There are many different other ways of spelling my name.
The origin of the name Alexandra is Greek. That's why alot of people think I'm greek for some wierd reason because I don't even look it. The meaning of my name is defender of men. When I was little I would always tell my mom why did she name me Alexandra. I never really liked the name for some reason. But know that I'm older I actually like it. Most of my childhood friends call me Alex, and I guess that's why i didn't really like it becuase that's a boys name. But most of my high school friends know me as Lexi. But now most people call me Alex. I really don't ming what people call me as long as they don't butcher my name I'm fine.
Now my last name LA-ROTTA is definately not a common last name. If you translate it into spanish it means the broken one. Which made me not like it when i was little becaue alot of people made fun of me because of it. But the last name originates from Italy. My grandfather was born in Italy and he moved to Colombia when he was a little boy. Originally it was spelled Larotta, but of some wierd reason over time it became LaRotta and then when my grandfather got to colombia it started to be spelled La-Rotta.
One funny story with my last name is when I went to get my premit. So I was at the DMV for like an hour because they always take forever there but after I had taken the test and passed it. I was finally called to be able to fill out all my information. The lady asked for my first name and i gave it to her and then she asked for my last name. When I gave it to her she looked at me really funny. And I was like what and then she asked me if La was my first last name and if Rotta was my second last name. I told her no, then she started to get really mad at me and she started to yell at me because if I only had one last name then why was there a dash in the middle of it. And I had to show her my birth certificate because she thought I was lying to her. I just thought it was really funny that this lady was getting mad at me because of a dash in my last name.

1 comment:
how did you get the name ROTTI?? WOOF!! haha
Post a Comment