Monday, February 12, 2007

Music on my MInd!

So while I was doing the homework/ group assignment that you gave us. And I commented on Brain’s journal entry on music, so I felt inspired to write about especially since the Grammy’s were last night. First of all I love music! I basically carry my ipod everywhere I go. I honestly can’t live with out it. This obviously shows much of role music plays in my life. I love everything about the beats, lyrics and the artists that sing them. I feel that music depicts everything in my life. In some way or another I feel like music is like therapy. When you’re sad, happy, angry, in love, there’s always a song that speaks directly to what you are feeling. There have been times that I have been so upset and I just listen to a song and I start to ball like a baby because the song is talking exactly on how I am feeling. That’s definitely my favorite thing about music. It’s so diversify, that it expresses any mood. I also think that by looking through someone’s ipod or mp3 player you could definitely learn a lot about that person.
Sometimes I feel that people care more about what the beat is and who sings it than what the words are saying. In a lot of ways I used to be like that, I used to just put songs on my ipod that everyone used to listen to or what is hot on the radio. But now it’s different, now I listen to the lyrics first and then the beat. In a way I feel that people now a day's concentrate more on the lives of these artists more than their music. As I watched, Mary J. Blige and Christina Aguilera, performances at the Grammy’s., it hit me how hard these artists work. They put sweat, tears and long hours just to make one song. Watching the Grammy’s it made me kind of sad because they have this Grammy foundation, which is basically to save music. This is so sad that schools would actually take something that plays a huge role in everyone’s life away.

2 comments:

Bwalker said...

I agree with what you wrote as well. I'm glad I gave you some inspiration for a journal entry! lol

bill said...

Hmmm...

I wonder if there's a research topic in here somewhere...